The pneumatic conveying is very popular in transferring bulk materials these days. The pneumatic conveying system works on the principle that the bulk of the material can be transferred from one place to another with the help of air and pipeline. The blowing air in the tubes exerts a specific amount of pressure on the objects being transferred. A difference in air pressure is kept between the starting and ending point to let the material flow with air. Conveying blowers and compressors are used to deal with the fluctuations in pressure. Find out more about Pneumatic Conveying Systems at a site like Aptech.uk.com
The amount of pressure difference depends upon two factors.
- The number of goods to be transferred present in tubes.
- The size of the length of the path between the start and end point.
Types of pneumatic conveying:
There are the following types of pneumatic conveying base on the load being transferred by the system:
- Lean phase pneumatic conveying
- Strand phase pneumatic conveying
- Dense phase pneumatic conveying
Application of pneumatic conveying:
This technology was created to discharge grain from overseas ships in the past. After that, technology got fame and its application became wider. Now it is used in many fields. Some of them are mentioned in the below section:
- It is used in the cement industry to transfer fuels and combustible dust.
- It is used in the steelmaking industry.
- The recycling sector also used this technology in some operations.
- Power plants use pneumatic conveying for injecting substituting fuels in fluidized beds.