It seems that Digital marketing using Websites, SMEs and Social Media conversions and interactions is going to continue to grow at pace until it swamps out analogue and traditional sources forever. We should not be too discouraged by this and any company should look to embrace the use of the internet in getting their message, products and services out there via it. This does require the use of a decent Marketing Strategy Consultant like those from https://www.reallyhelpfulmarketing.co.uk/specialist-services/marketing-strategy-consultant/. Here are some landmarks.
- Email dates back to 1971. Mr Ray Tomlinson sent it. The “@” was used to indicate it was sent to a human and not a machine. It wasn’t a very exciting message. Rumour has it it was either “testing 123” or even less imaginatively “QWERTYUIOP”.
- 7 years later the first mass email was sent to six hundred people. Apparently this “intrusion” did not go down well.
- The first person on Facebook’s homepage was, technically, Al Pacino. At least a manipulation of his face was used to illustrate it. It was known as The Facebook originally.
- Are you on Twttr? No, that’s because just before it was launched the originators realised this was a stupid idea and added the vowels.
- If you have ever doubted the popularity and power of social media and the internet then consider this. Celebrities like Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry can command more followers on their Twitter account than that of the entire population of a country. It is thought they outstrip Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, and Egypt.