Many people believe that the kitchen is the heart of every home and each household has a kitchen that is unique to them. The style and units may be similar to other people’s, but the use of the space will very much depend on each family and its needs. When you have Kitchen installation Cheltenham company http://pursloepropertymaintenance.co.uk/kitchen-bathroom-installations-cheltenham/ to give the space a much needed make over, it is important to discuss with them exactly what you use the kitchen for and the sort of environment that you are hoping to create.
There are many interesting facts about both kitchens so I thought I would share a few with you.
- It is thought that the average person spends around 3 hours a day in the kitchen, where this is making food for the family or perhaps catching up with a close friend over coffee and a slice of cake. This equates to around 12% of entire lifetime. So, making sure you have a kitchen space that is both functional and enjoyable to spend time in is incredibly important.
- Speaking of enjoyment, it is thought that around 22 percent of homes have a television installed in the kitchen with around 12 percent opting to have an integrated music system installed. Speaker systems can now be easily installed for you to be able to stream your favourite tracks whilst you do the washing up.
- Kitchen gadgets are also incredibly popular with around 18 percent of UK household opting for instant hot water taps in order to have hot drinks even quicker without the need for a kettle in the house and around 17 percent purchasing an upmarket coffee machine so you can feel like a barista in your own home.
- Storage seems to be the most important factor when designing a kitchen with 68 percent of people stating that it is the most important thing on their design list and around 34 percent wanting to have a walk-in larder.
- Pendant lights are the most common option to find in a kitchen however an impressive 68 percent of people are switching over to spotlights to light up their kitchen area.
- Tables are in included in many kitchen designs in one form or another, whether this is a small breakfast bar or perhaps a fold away table. The inclusion of such will very much depend on the space that you have available to you.